Brose Relies on the ASYS Group's Expertise in Material Logistics
The company has sought a higher degree of automation with the aim of saving costs and strengthening the Brose location in Hallstadt. Automation is the decisive keyword. The final material logistics concept envisages that in future, component reels will no longer be touched by employees between storage and actual use on the assembly line. Once the outer packaging of the component reels has been opened, they are automatically booked into the ERP-system and the reel is fed into the system.
Thanks to an integrated, fully automatic Scan&Label Station, the ASYS incoming goods solution enables the traceability of component reels from the very beginning. A component counter counts the existing components on a reel and feeds exact values into the production database. The infeed of finished component reels is also provided for. This ensures a valid and coordinated process that eliminates the need for manual inventory of the component reels. In the Dry Tower of ASYS/Totech the component reels are stored fully automatically at a relative humidity of less than 5%. This is ASYS' response to the requirements that sensitive MSL components place on storage. Driverless transport systems are used to realize autonomous processes. With these AIVs (Autonomous Intelligent Vehicles), the individual stations in production are networked with the storage system. In addition to component reel containers, they also transport magazines, KLT boxes or trays. The vehicles generate their routes independently and dynamically adjusted to the ambient conditions, thus achieving Just-in-Time supply.
The calculation and coordination of the material flow is done by the ASYS Material Manager. Using the integrated Advanced Order Planner, the production orders imported from the ERP can be automatically distributed optimally to the SMT production lines according to various criteria. Due to the complete networking and the real-time calculation, the material replenishment to the production lines is delivered according to demand, in continuous coordination with the production cycle. This allows the customer to drastically reduce his material stocks at the line. At the same time, the availability of material in production is increased, which results in a reduction of costs.
The complete interconnection of the solutions and the extensive support services that were provided beforehand were decisive factors in the award of the contract. Fabian Autenrieth, Product Manager MATERIAL LOGISTICS, describes his recipe for success and the approach: "Individual, scalable concepts, customized to your shopfloor – that is our strength. We rely on a modular concept that allows us to implement our MATERIAL LOGISTICS solutions in various degrees of automation. This allows us to take the first step towards a Smart Factory with you today, in order to build the future on it."
The Following Steps Are Performed by Different Modules of ASYS/Totech
- Intermediate storage of the reels on a "container station"
- Transport of the reels to the label machine
- Automated scanning and labeling of reels with a unique ID
- Further transport to the "X-Ray Counting" module
- Counting the reels using an "X-Ray Counter"
- Measuring the reel
- Transport to the automated storage system Dry Tower (chaotic, volume-optimized storage)
- Retrieval of reels according to order data/part list
- Automated transport of the reels to the placement line via driverless transport systems
Thanks to the modular design, we are able to offer customer-specific material logistics solutions. In cooperation with the colleagues from Totech, ASYS currently offers the largest product portfolio and most experience on the market when it comes to automating the material logistics of a SMT production.
- Step-by-step Automation:The flexibility of the hardware and software modules from the MATERIAL LOGISTICS area enables a step-by-step automation of the shopfloor
- Efficient Personnel Deployment:Thanks to the high level of automation of production and logistics processes, personnel can be deployed more efficiently and in a goal-oriented manner
- Just-in-Time: Efficient warehouse organization and networking enables just-in-time supply according to demand
Learn more about our Material Logistics products